eBook Cover Formatting
- 1659px or wider (1400px minimum)
- 2500px or taller (2000px minimum)
- RGB 24 bit color
- 72 dpi/lpi
If the cover is a little smaller, we will enlarge it so it meets the minimum requirements of the retailers. If it is too small, we will either request a larger one or suggest that we create a new one for you.
Also, some programs allow you to adjust the quality of the JPG when saving. Quality should be 90% or higher – otherwise it will not look good enough.
What formats do you accept for cover images?
Virtually any image format, or a PDF or Word doc with the image inside. Formats include, but are not limited to:
Covers are should be 1659px wide by 2500px tall to cover the new requirements for the hi-res ebook reading devices (minimum 1400px by 2000px).
Does the cover image have any effect on our book being accepted by the retailers?
YES! If it does not meet the minimum requirements for an acceptable cover, it can be reject (and will be rejected by Apple). This includes:
- meets minimum size
- correct colour mode (we fix this for you)
- contains title and author name
- all copy is clear and easy to read
- must be a 2 dimensional image of the cover only – not one of those 3 dimensional computer-generated images of the whole book with the spine showing.
- looks professionally done